Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wet Felted Vessel with Shell Inclusions



Wet Felted Vessel with Seashell Inclusions
This vessel was wet felted using 3 layers of Natural Finn wool. Then I added the sea shells and next I placed some orange Merino wool over just the shells and placed some of the orange wool in thin strips flowing in and out and around the shells. I placed thin strips of thin plastics over the strips as a resist. Now I covered the orange strips with thin plastic strips as a resist and covered everything with one more layer of natural Finn wool.
I felted everything being careful to felt around and over the shells. Next I shrank and fulled the piece. I cut out the felt over the shells and made slits in the top layer of wool revealing the strips of orange wool and opening out the top layer edges. The shells are just on the front side but the strips continue around to the back side. I am trying to figure out a name for this one. Anyone have a suggestion?

"Untitled"

No comments:

Post a Comment