Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Today's Wet Felting Adventure


Todays Wet Felting Adventure

Today was a great day to experiment and try wet felting an idea I had sketched in my sketchbook on the iPad. I drew the shape and cut out a template for the resist. I intuitively chose colors as I went along. The first two layers I used off white wool batt. The next two layers were a striated wool roving made up of many colors that from a distance looks gray. The last layer I used some lime green roving, some off white from the batt, and some yellow pencil roving.
After all was said and done the finished vessel reminded me of the moss on the damp cliffs of the Oregon coast that I visited last summer.





This is the template I made with the first layer of wool layed on one side.























No comments:

Post a Comment