Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mini Square Felted Dish

Mini Felted Square Bowl

This is a sample square felted bowl. I just received some new sculpting wire in the mail yesterday. I had to try it out and see how it works in my felting project. It is much better then window screen in that it curves easier and does not ravel at the edges with little wires sticking out. I made this little square dish by wet felting 2 layers of wool over the wire. I also used a sander to do the felting. When it was done felting I bent the small square of 6"x6" into many different shapes. What fun. You can repurpose that little square into several uses at any time. This photo shows a small dish with rolled sides useful for earrings and jewelry on your night stand etc. To roll the corners I gently rolled them over a pencil until they formed a mitered corner. I am going to try making a larger sized one next time.



















No comments:

Post a Comment