Friday, March 15, 2013

Burst of Spring...

Wet Felted Vessel




Yesterdays project was this colorful vessel made with wool roving and silk hankies and yarn embellishments. It was made using a small beach ball as the resist form. I soaped up the ball and applied the thin layers of silk then added 3 layers of wool. I sprayed hot soapy water water on each layer to help it stay in place. After it was all layered up I placed a pair of panty hose over it all and soaped it up some more. Then I hand massaged it and then used my sander to complete the felting process. Removed the panty hose and put more hot water on it to shrink it a little then used the sander some more. Then I removed the ball and rinsed it out and threw it a little in the sink. Next I put the ball back in and blew it back up and let it dry over night. Then I removed the ball.
      






      


Burst of Spring... 9.5x9.5 
This and many other felted items will be available for sale at my studio at the Art Studio Trek coming up in April. Check the website for AST at  www.artstudiotrek.com

             
          
     

No comments:

Post a Comment