Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A "Fishy" Art Quilt

  A "Fishy" Art Quilt

When I was on vacation traveling up the Oregon coast we visited a small aquarium in Seaside. They had 3 or 4 metal embossed plates with sea life on them. They had lots of paper and crayons for kids to make rubbings. No kids around so the artist in me said I have to do that. So I made some rubbings. Brought them home and photoed the fish and photo shopped it and printed it on a piece of fabric and proceeded to make an art quilt out of it. I incorporated some hand painted and stamped fabrics added some border fabric and free motion quilted the border in a wavy fashion. Then I trimmed the edges curvy and added some satin cording around the edge.

Crayon rubbing on paper.


Layout.


Finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment